Thursday 16 June 2011

Quick and easy - Quesadilla's

It often seems to me that people find lots of excuses as to why they cannot find the time to cook. I had a recent conversation with a colleague who said that they had no time to cook and anyway had more important things to do. I personally think there is no more important, or pleasurable activity but hey we all have our opinions and priorities.

I have had a very busy day, the kids at school have roast dinner on a Thursday, so all good there, but I teach all day and am worn out when I come home. So I empathise with tired and busy parents. Today's recipe is a gem for the time poor. It took me 3 minutes to prepare and cook this. If you don't even have the time to do this then lord help us all!

A Quesadilla is essentially a toasted sarnie but made with tortilla. Anything you can put in a toastie you can put in a Quesadilla. I used what I had in the fridge.

Quesadilla

Serves 1 / 2 and costs about 30p to make

2 tortilla wraps
50g grated cheese
1 slice ham / mortadella / parma ham
1/4  finely sliced pepper
A small amount of chopped chilli if you like

1) Lay one of the tortilla's in a heavy non stick frying pan and place on a medium to high heat.
2) Place all the fillings in and lay the other tortilla on top.
3) Toast on one side for a minute, flip over and do the other side. turn onto a chopping board and cut into triangles. A dollop of mayo and a few salad leaves wouldn't go amis.

No comments:

Post a Comment